Spring is here as so are delicious and nutritious new sprouts! What better way to celebrate the sunshine with this wonderful and refreshing salad! We also love to incorporate herbs as much as possible into what we prepare and eat!
Here are the ingredients for a fresh spring herbal Tabouleh salad:
- 1 cup Sprouted Quinoa (*see instructions below for easy sprouting)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley
- 1 Bunch Fresh Mint
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 Long English Cucumber, finely chopped
- 3 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Sweet Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive oil (or less if desired)
- Juice of 1/2 fresh Lemon (or more if desired)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Finely chop ingredients and toss together. Add Olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy! (Serves 4)
How to make easy Quinoa Sprouts:
Measure out 1 cup of Quinoa grains and rinse well in a fine mesh strainer. Place in a glass mason jar, fill with filtered water and let soak overnight. The next morning, strain out the water and cover the lid with cheese cloth and secure with an elastic band. Then tilt the jar on an angle and leave ont the counter to sprout for the day. By evening, you will have tiny tails on the grains and can use them in your salad. It’s that easy!